Sunday 28 October 2007

Food as colour inspiration - part 3

Continuing on from my food related posts last week, I came across an article about the apartment of the team who started Anthropologie, one of my favorite stores in the US. This couple's inspiration for colour in their kitchen came not from a type of food, but from food packaging - from the French Pâtisserie Laduree, in particular. They apparently took the pastry tins down to their local paint shop and had them match the colour. I remember reading somewhere that Mary Mc Donald collects pieces of packaging in interesting colours that she can use to match paint colours for future projects. I love that idea. I might have to do the same thing. Maybe I need to go shopping this weekend just in case a client sometime in the future decides they must have Hermès orange or Tiffany blue walls...

Image from House & Garden March 2006.

2 comments:

Habitually Chic said...

I LOVE Laduree green! I was just looking at the green tea canisters and thinking that I definitely need to buy them to display in my kitchen. I can't wait to the shop opens in the Plaza!

Suzy said...

I wish they had a shop here in HK...but in the mean time I enjoy macaroons from their competitor Le Goûter Bernardaud who has a store here.