Thursday 1 November 2007

and the winner is.....

MISS OCTOBER!




Well it seems that October is the winner! I should have guessed actually, that was my gut instinct, and I should have listened. In total we had 24 votes - 13 for October, 10 for November (very close) and 1 for neither. It seems from a few of the comments I received that a large part of the October cover's appeal was the yellow zebra pattern on the side chairs - and I can't say I disagree. I thought they looked so fabulous I had to track down the fabric (my dining chairs that need recovering look quite similar). The pattern is a Jim Thompson fabric called "Illusion" and is quite old, but is still available in three colours (the yellow, pale blue and a brown). The fourth colour, as used by our favorite Ms Wearstler in her previous home (see below) has since been discontinued.


Thanks to everyone who participated, it was a fun experiment. It's been really interesting to see which of the covers was preferred most - and while I loved both and had a hard time choosing, it seems in the end they were pretty close anyway.

No comments: