Tuesday 2 October 2007

In the pink...

In honour of National Breast Cancer Awareness Month - and the fact that my new Dorothy Draper book, "In the pink", just arrived I thought I'd contribute to the pink themed posts out there, and post a few of my favorite things...in pink. Hope you like!


From the new Badgley Mischka collection (from This is Glamorous)

Fuschia pink crocodile Hermes kelly bag (I want!!)


Christian Louboutin pumps (these too!)


Creed - Spring Flower fragrance
Kate Spade purse - super cute

From the Milly NY collection
THE original dress from Breakfast at Tiffany's (when Holly is partying with the Brazillian)

Pink peonies

Laduree pastries...yumm!

Parzinger Chaise, from 1st Dibs


1940's French slipper chairs, from 1st Dibs

Billy Haines slipper chairs, from 1st Dibs

Dorothy Draper Chest, from 1st Dibs

Barovier lamps, from 1st Dibs
Interior by Barrie Benson, featured in Domino Mag


Both images of Jamie Drake interiors

Miles Redd living room

Interior by Jan Showers

And last, but certainly not least (and to clarify, I would not be caught dead in a car this colour) a bit of fun on wheels..

18 comments:

Habitually Chic said...

Those are some fabulous pink choices! I LOVE pink peonies but that car reminds me of the pink Barbie Corvette I had as a little girl. Too funny!

girl meets glamour said...

Love your pink post!!! That last pic is great...wow, um a hot pink car that's not made for barbie. I'm going to link you up to mine by the way.

~Kate

Brilliant Asylum said...

Nice images. I am definitely thinking pink for breast cancer. I would love a pink Kelly bag (or any Kelly bag for that matter), but would be happy to settle for the cute Kate Spade!

TIG said...

Great collection of pink things, Suzy--I'm especially fond of the Hermès (bien sûr!) and the pastry :)

franki durbin said...

my favorite image is the jan flowers console with the pink & gold print above. Wow. Where can I get that chendelier is my question.

and I agree. the pink car: hideous!

nice post, love! Will you get me a pink kelly bag too? ;) Tell you what... we'll get on the wait list together. It's only our retirement funds at stake. ;)

katiedid said...

OK I just want to know how to get one of those pastries!Yum!

Suzy said...

Thanks HC, pink peonies are my favorites. And I think I had a barbie car just like that one too...bit scary!

Suzy said...

Thanks GMG!

Suzy said...

BA - me too, I'd settle for any Kelly bag, whatever the colour or material...sigh...

Suzy said...

rnvl - seems like the Kelly bag might be the winner!

Suzy said...

Hi Franki - sure, we can each buy one for each other for Xmas...just a bit of short change really (this one was US$30,000 -!)
I love the Jan Showers image too - I think Donghia and Barovier&Toso have similar chandeliers - good luck!

Suzy said...

Katiedid - I think Laduree has distribution in the US - not sure. Otherwise a trip to Paris might be in order!

Things That Inspire said...

Wow - I love this post. 'Spring Flowers' by Creed is one of the best smelling perfumes out there. And the Kelly bag....divine!

Suzy said...

Thanks, TTI I totally agree!

Anna Spiro said...

Wow Suzy - so many GORGEOUS pink pics!!! So beautiful!!!
XO
Anna

Suzy said...

Thanks Anna!

Anonymous said...

I've died and gone to heaven...and it's PINK! Just stumbled upon this website searching for pictures of an interior by Branca (I think) that was in a mag that I can't put my hands on right now. It's a pink room with blue as its main accessory color. Love that room and am using it as inspiration in a guest room redo. Does this sound familiar to you? Thanks, Anna.

Suzy said...

Hi Samantha - the image you are looking for suprisingly doesn't ring a bell, but if I do find I'll post it up here. Good luck!