Tuesday 16 October 2007

Food as colour inspiration - part 2

Continuing on from my 'food as inspiration' post yesterday, this is a kitchen that has taken that to the extreme. The walls here are literally coated in chocolate. And a dash of strawberry too. The owner of this home tried to emulate the look of a french patisserie, and it reminds me of the icecream we used to have when I was a child, that was a combination of strawberry, chocolate and vanilla in one tub - in Australia it's called Neopolitan (not sure why...) - and my sister and I would always eat the chocolate and strawberry and in the end only the vanilla would be left over. So what do you all think, is this too much in one room? I personally think I'd end up with an eating disorder if I saw this everyday!





All images from the June 2006 issue of House Beautiful magazine.

8 comments:

The Peak of Chic said...

While this look is not really me, I do admire how the homeowner "went for it" with the look. It is rather happy, which is great for some, but personally I like my kitchens a bit more utilitarian.

Suzy said...

Me too POC, I really don't think I could face this much sweetness first thing in the morning! But, whatever makes you happy, so good on her.

Style Saves the World said...

Yum! I bet she bakes a lot.

Suzy said...

You may be right SSTW!

The Paris Apartment said...

yummy chocolate! pretty pink! they definitely inspire me too!

Brilliant Asylum said...

Now I totally want to eat ice cream! I personally love the strawberry/chocolate/vanilla color combo.

Btw, I just googled neapolitan ice cream and the wikipedia definition says it is a combination of frozen deserts originating in Naples, Italy. For some reaon I always thought it had to do with Napoleon and an ice cream interpretation of the French flag. Wrong!

girl meets glamour said...

I just got my issue not too long ago and loved that color!!!! Great to see you post it!

~Kate

Suzy said...

I love it too now BA - your google/wiki results for neopolitan icecream is strange...I knew the name meant it was supposed to be from Naples, but I have no idea why we call strawberry/choc/vanilla icrecream that in Australia!