Wednesday 26 September 2007

It ain't easy being green...

Green is definitely my favorite colour, I'm not entirely sure why, but I'm drawn to anything green time and time again. I guess it's not too difficult to analyse why I like it, or why so many other people do too. It's ubiquitous in nature, and maybe that's just enough said. But these days 'Green' means much more to people than just a colour name. It's taken on a whole new meaning, one which is different for each of us depending on our level of understanding of the environmental issues our planet faces.

I for one am willing to publicly admit that I don't do nearly as much as I could, and my level of understanding of these issues, as much as I recognise them, is not clear. So today I wanted to show my appreciation and say thanks to the eco-chic bloggers out there who are sending us - as consumers, and some of us as designers - information about ways we can stop contributing to these seemingly insurmountable problems - i.e. contributing to landfill, global warming, depletion of the ozone etc. etc. So, if you haven't already checked out the eco-chic blogs I have listed on my site, please do so!


Images from the Laura Ashley Colour Book

10 comments:

The Peak of Chic said...

I agree Suzy. I'm trying to learn more about being green too. And fortunately there is a wealth of information out there on the subject :)

Habitually Chic said...

Great post! The easiest thing anyone can do to help the environment is to unplug your appliances and chargers when not in use. They suck up so much electricity even when they are not being used!

Suzy said...

POC, there certainly is, which is probably why I find it so daunting. Thankfully my husband is a little more conscientious than I am, so he often points me in the right direction!

Suzy said...

That is so true Habitually Chic! I'm not as diligent with that as I should be, so I will start doing that from now on.

Anna Spiro said...

Love your image of the week Suzy!! Great Green post too!!
X
Anna

Suzy said...

Thanks Anna!

katiedid said...

Hi Suzy! I have one to add to the list: "ecofabulous". I did a post about it last week or so. You may be interested. Great post and I am going to check out these eco-blogs! :)

Unknown said...

Suzy
Great post. We must all become educated about green issues. The eco chic blogs you have listed are all very excellent.

And good point HC
I know that (to unplug chargers)but I always forget. Thanks for the reminder.

Suzy said...

Thanks Katiedid, I'll check it out!

Suzy said...

Thanks Patricia, I think we all need a reminder sometimes...