Thursday 20 September 2007

Demilune shades

I think these demilune (or half) shades are a wonderful decorative option for wall sconces and lamps. Its a nice idea especially for sconces that don't protrude far from the wall , which usually have glass or metal shades. I think they look fabulous on the two antique sconces below (the first one is in a Fortuny fabric), and add a touch of authenticity to them.









This image is from the 'small space style' post I did a little while back, but never noticed that there was a half shade on the lamp (top left corner).


This is my favorite image. I quite like the juxtaposition of the modern shelving and accessories, the oak panelled walls and those neo-classical lamps with half shades. Very chic!

7 comments:

ALL THE BEST said...

Suzy I love the top two photos!!

Mélanie said...

Beautiful shades !!!!!!!!

girl meets glamour said...

Very beautiful, I love the second image.

~Kate

Suzy said...

Thanks girls, glad you liked them as much as I did!

katiedid said...

What a great post! I am always looking at lighting and have always liked these half shades. I especially like the last photo for the same reasons you mention!

Suzy said...

Thanks katiedid - glad you liked that image too!

Anonymous said...

Where can one buy these? They're lovely but I've never seen them for sale.