Tuesday 18 September 2007

From my scrapbook

When I first started this blog I intended for it to be a visual reference of my inspirations. I've been so caught up posting new images til now so today I thought I might post an old one from my image files. I can't remember where this image came from - I think either Vogue Living or Belle - it's about 5 years old, but I still love it just as much as when I first saw it. I think this is an example of how a neutral colour palette can work. I love the combination of the classic looking sofa (love that fabric too - have no idea where it comes from, so if anyone recognises it please let me know!), the trunk coffee table, vintage chair to the left, and that solid timber mirror. It's a room I certainly wouldn't mind coming home to each night.

8 comments:

jade said...

Stumbled upon your blog today.........just saying Hello!
Jennifer

Suzy said...

Thanks for dropping by Jennifer!

Brilliant Asylum said...

I love a perfectly square, oversized mirror.

TIG said...

It's a very warm, inviting room. Isn't it great to go back to old images? I always find it so inspirational to see what types of things I've saved from the past.

franki durbin said...

Isn't that funny, so many of us start our blogs for the same reason, to catalog our thoughts and our findings. Isn't it fun to see how the blog transforms into so much more!

Suzy said...

Me too BA!

Suzy said...

rnvl - it is isn't it, I have a scrapbook full of them. I'll pull out some more of my faves soon.

Suzy said...

So true Franki - and it's been such a fun progression.