Monday 28 January 2008

Yabu Pushelberg

George Yabu and Glenn Pushelberg, of Toronto based design firm Yabu-Pushelberg have created some of the most luxurious, elegant and timeless hospitality and retail spaces that I've ever seen or had the pleasure of visiting. A mulitple award winning firm that has been inducted into the Interior Design hall of fame, regularly commands a fee of more than 1 million USD$, and has worked on some pretty impressive and high profile projects over the 30 years since the company formed. The luxe factor that they create for their high-end clients has had some pretty amazing effects on sales (check out this article in Canadian Business online) - which I guess helps them justify their astonomical fees! Their clients to date include Bergdorf Goodman, W Hotels, Lane Crawford, Tiffany & Co. and Carolina Herrera - just to name a few. Here are a few of my favorites...


Fin restaurant, Las Vegas

Carolina Hererra boutique, New York

Bymark restaurant, Toronto



Four Seasons Hotel, Tokyo


St Regis Hotel, San Francisco - for more pics see the post Me, Myself & I just did on this beautiful hotel.

Bergdorf Goodman, New York



Lane Crawford, Hong Kong

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the background on Yabu-Pushelberg. I love that they get paid what they are worth!

Suzy said...

I know, me too. Did you read that article on line? They are quite proud of the fact that they charge more than double most other Canadian firms. But, if they are contributing in such a definite way to a company's bottom line, so they should be compensated!

Anonymous said...

Nice! Great background info.- particularly just having posted about the hotel it really ties it all together for me!

Thanks for the mention here!

SGM said...

Luxe indeed! The Toronto restaurant in my favorite.

Habitually Chic said...

I love the framed maps in the Four Seasons! And I had no idea they designed the interiors of Bergdorf Goodman. That is my absolute favorite store and I always thought it was beautifully designed and now I know by who! Thanks!

Suzy said...

MMI - lucky girl that you got to go there, it looks like such a beautiful space!

Suzy said...

SGM -it's great isn't it!

Suzy said...

SGM -it's great isn't it!

Suzy said...

Hi HC - actually I think the walls in the Four Seasons are stone...although its kinda hard to see in those photos. Its such a stunning photo. I think that is one of the most amazing spaces I've seen. And the BG pics are jaw dropping, I'm so peeved with myself for not making time to go when we were in NY!

TIG said...

Suzy, these are completely stunning! They remind a little of David Collins Studio, but much sleeker. Beautiful!