Thursday 18 November 2010

Khai Liew

My latest love affair is with the home of the Malaysian-born Australian, Khai Liew. I've been a fan of Liew's work for some time now so it was a real teat for me to see his Adelaide home. It embodies all that is good about the Australian lifestyle - laid back and casual, and is blended with a cerebral Asian influence. Its the epitome of East meets West (sorry, I know that term is so overused, but I can't think of anything else). If you are a fan of the American designers Annabelle Selldorf or the firm Shelton Mindel then I think you'd like this place. If so, go buy yourself a copy of the latest German Architectural Digest.

As you can imagine I've been mentally re-decorating since I saw this....







Photographed by Derek Henderson for German Architectural Digest, Nov 2010 edition.

4 comments:

Concrete Jungle said...

Design that walks the line so well ....now to find a German Architectural Digest!

- Susan - said...

There is not much Asian in that?
Or it on the walls?
Sorry, I for being an ignorant / non-expert ...

Suzy said...

Hi Suzie - I meant more the feeling of Asian minimalism...not so much particular pieces.

Luciane at HomeBunch.com said...

This is Fine.

If you can, please visit my blog. I've started not too long ago and I would really appreciate your visit.
Thank you!

xo

Luciane at HomeBunch.com