Saturday 27 November 2010

JMF & Hermès


Call me strange, but the names Hermès and Jean-Michel Frank in the same sentence gets me excited. Very excited. The decades old relationship between the über luxury house and the before-his-time designer is about to be resurrected. Hermès has announced they plan to re-issue eight of JMF's classic designs. The launch of these pieces coincide with the opening of their new Paris store...and their official return to home furnishings. Word on the street is a third of the store will be dedicated to homewares. So, what get's me more excited than that? The possible re-edition of pieces by Paul Dupré-Lafon and Jacques Adnet of course...

6 comments:

Concrete Jungle said...

If I only needed something!

mary said...

Oh, yes--this is fantastic. A return to pure style and ultimate quality.

Unknown said...

... I take the coat, you can have the armchair ....

John J Tackett said...

Too often, the leather does not have the correct suppleness . But Hermes will, no doubt, get it right.

Filipa said...

Boca do Lobo usually gets inspiration from Hermés and their wonderful pieces. The attention to detail and the exclusive feeling of this brand are an example to us all at Boca do Lobo.

PASSION IS EVERYTHING,
Boca do Lobo

Anonymous said...

Hermes... I think the name gets everyone excited... I know what you are asking Santa for! I'm dreaming of an orange Christmas! :)
Happy holidays!
Xo,
E&J