Monday 5 July 2010

San Francisco Style

I'm so pleased to be able to share with you some images of the recent San Francisco Decorator Showcase...a beautiful tower attic created by Benjamin Dhong.

For Dhong's third year of participating in the showcase he created a cool, calm and serene space that was inspired by a chic Parisian garret. The tower attic has deep dormer windows, deep sloping eaves and a killer view of the Golden Gate bridge. Sounds (and looks) divine!

The room has been painted with a very subtle mural by decorative artist Linda Horning which gives the feeling of being surround by fog or clouds (a nice change from the feeling of being surrounded by smog, like I am here!)

In Dhong's own words, "the room is swathed in a cocoon of monochromatic taupes and greys. The pop of color comes from the most incredibly chic combination of silver and various shades of teal and blue". A very chic combination indeed.

The combination of furniture and objet d'art is also pretty chic I think, an egg chair covered in silk velvet, vintage Fortuny fabric cushions, the zebra rug, a bone marquetry side table, that Giacometti lamp (in silver!). AND those stunning gilt edge brackets (those are from Quatrain by the way). Yum.

The combination of colours and furniture is absolute perfection. I would kill to have an attic like this one day to go hide in and read - how heavenly!















The creator of this beautiful space, Benjamin Dhong, looking very dapper, and completely colour co-ordinated!

4 comments:

My Notting Hill said...

Absolutely beautiful! He is an extremely talented designer. I read other posts on the SF Showhouse but somehow don't remember seeing his work - thanks!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Gorgeously chic.

mary said...

I love the exquisite details of this space--elegantly understated and perfect. Thanks. Mary

Jill said...

Perfect design...and my favorite Fortuny pattern. I have two pillows on my bed, but in red.