Thursday 7 January 2010

A new year, a new you. A new decade, a new...?

I'm sure I echo everyone else's sentiments by remarking on how fast last year seemed to fly by...let alone the whole decade. I still think of the 90's as a few years ago...how frightening! I am so excited about the possibilities for this year though, starting the new year in my own business venture is quite thrilling. I won't bore you with my resolutions...or lack of....but I will fill you in on a few plans and news.

1) The Studio Annetta website will soon be finished! A bio and the beginnings of a portfolio will be available online by the end of the month, so anyone wishing to hire me will be able to take a look. My contact details are already there, and a more comprehensive CV / Portfolio is available upon request.

2) As part of my portfolio I will be uploading the remainder of the "Studio Apartment" renovation project I posted about last year here, here and here for everyone to finally see (Thanks for your patience!), along with a project I've been working on recently.

3) Move into an office space. Don't get me wrong, I am enjoying working from home, especially while the weather is so cold. And as much as I love having my two cats here with me all day...I'm discovering that is not easy sharing a space with two animals who have a mind of their own. Between them wailing at me for food or cuddles or more food and perching themselves on my lap or the desk (their preference is between the keyboard and the monitor, or right on top of the mouse...) its not an environment conducive to working at the moment. And then there are the multitude of books, magazines and samples that have overtaken our spare room. So this goal is definitely a priority...and I certainly wouldn't mind if it ended up looking something like the space below.

So stay tuned for more news and updates, and thanks as always for tuning in!

Gallerist Patrick Seguin's stunning Paris apartment photographed by Marc Seelen for Elle Decoration (UK) Feb 2010 issue.

12 comments:

ALL THE BEST said...

Happy New Year!! Yes, it went by way too fast!!!

Blue said...

A happy New Year to you too. You're right about the sense of rushing time, events coming thick and fast. Terrifying. Looking forward to the website.

Charlotta Ward said...

How exciting for you!
I hope you have found a creative and inspiring work space and that the cats won't miss their mamma too much!

Love the pic - I want that office too.. :)

xCharlotta

Raina Cox said...

Sounds like the new year and new decade holds a lot of promise for you!

mary said...

I know about cats and work--mine likes to hold my hand while I type, walk across the keyboard or start fights with the other cat if I do not pay attention to "His Majesty". Good luck on the office space and all of your plans for 2010.

Unknown said...

all worthy goals, and i particularly look forward to seeing the project you are currently working one!

funny though, i love my home office, and would be sad if i ever had to go back to an office elsewhere. i guess if i get big enough, i'll have to do it ala ms. wearslter, and have a guest house on my property big enough to accommodate several employees!

renne said...

Good move Suzy! :P

custardbydesign said...

happy new year to studio annetta and all the best with achieving all your goals...

Suzy said...

Thanks everyone! I think I need to strike a balance between the convenience of working from home and a larger more dedicated space...so lets see what 2010 holds! All the best to you all!

Material Girls said...

I hear ya on the moving to a separate office resolution. Your space sounds a lot like mine- I work from home too and you can barely see the floor of my living room! there are project binders, fabric and wallpaper swatches everywhere! (I'm very jealous of your spare room) Happy New Year!

Unknown said...

Hi Suzy
Best wishes for 2010!!
Regards
Patricia

Hautezone said...

Greetings and Blessings Suzy,

Indeed put it in the universe and the rest will follow!

Looking forward to all the lovely things coming your way. THANKY YOU for letting us tag along for the ride!

Love and Light,

Joy