Tuesday 19 January 2010

Did you see this?

Anouska Hempel's stunning new home in London photographed by James Mortimer for World of Interiors Feb 2010.

Dark green lacquered walls + marble floors + Chinese antiques = stunning!

These elements are definitely trademark Hempel signature elements, and totally what I would have expected her home to look like - in a good way. And 3 dining rooms? So decadent! I love entertaining... how will I ever again be satisfied with just 1?

I just loved this feature on Hempel's London home, so nice to see how her hospitality design influences how she decorates her own home. And its totally made me re-think Chinese antiques. They look perfect amongst all those dark greens - inside and outside the room. Don't you think?

2 comments:

mary said...

This is really a perfect space. Love at first sight.

YHBHS said...

darn, my issue hasnt arrived yet. thanks for the sneak peek!@