Wednesday 1 August 2007

Christian Lyon

Christian Lyon is probably my favorite Australian interior designer, and one of my all time favorites. He is based in Perth, and his work features in Vogue Living (Australia) quite often. But unfortunately he doesn't have a website with more images. He always creates glamorous, timeless and sumptuous interiors, with usually some sort of reference to the 30's and 40's (my favorite era). I'll try and find some more to share. Hope you enjoy these!


Antique Biedermeier sofa, lamp on side table from Donghia, hand-painted hanging lantern from Fortuny, Chinese screen hangs above the sofa on the red lacquered walls of the living room.


Lyon designed drinks cabinet (love it), vintage floor lamp and a Barbara Barry chair in the living room.


View of living room from across the dining table.

Australian aboriginal art hanging on the wall of the dining room. Donghia lamp sits on a 1930's french cabinet. Lyon designed the table and chairs, which are covered in a Fortuny fabric.


More Australian aboriginal art hangs on the walls of the study/sitting room, which are upholstered in French linen. Desk and chair designed by Lyon, chair is covered in faux croc.


Bedroom walls are upholstered in the same French linen. Bed designed by Lyon, with Frette bedlinen. 1940's Venetian glass lamps are from a Sydney antique dealers (how gorgeous are they!).


Images fromVogue Living May/June 2005.

7 comments:

Mélanie said...

Great choice of pictures and great ambiance .
I love this kind of interior design.
The venetian lamp is just incredible.
Mélanie xx

The Peak of Chic said...

No wonder he's one of your favorites. Gorgeous work! The aboriginal artwork is so unique! Thank you for sharing his work with us.

girl meets glamour said...

Great post! I can't say that I've heard of Christian Lyon and I like what I see! Thanks, it's great to become familar with other designers :)

~Kate

katiedid said...

I must try to get a subsciption to Vogue Living here in the states. It looks like a fabulous magazine! Thanks for the images of this obviously talented designer's work!

Suzy said...

Katiedid - if you can't find it at your local newstand, I think you are able to purchase a subscription via Amazon. I recommend it, its a great magazine.

Suzy said...

Thanks to all for the comments, glad you liked this as much as I do. I'll try and find some more images of his work to share with you all.

Unknown said...

What a great designer!!!