Friday 1 November 2013

BODW 13


I was very fortunate to be invited to attend the Press conference for the upcoming Business of Design Week earlier this week. This year's partner country will be Belgium, which as we all know has a long and creative history in design. I have visited this beautiful country twice myself and loved it both times, and count myself lucky to have a few lovely friends from both the French and Flemish speaking regions.


This year, in addition to expert speakers in the fields of Fashion & Apparel, Design for Experience, Space & Design, Design for Asia, Communications & Design, Product & Design and Culture & the City there will also be a new forum called Cities driven by Design...a topic very close to my heart. 

There will be over 100 international speakers this year, some of the more well known include: Matteo Thun, Toyo Ito, Xavier Lust, and Hong Kong's own Joyce Wang and Keith Griffiths of my previous employer Aedas.

2013 will be BODW's 13th consecutive year, and myself having attended the last 8 years I can say it is a truly great event. So many inspiring speakers in town in such a short space of time gives Hong Kong an even bigger buzz (if thats possible?).  So book your tickets, hotel rooms and get yourself an early bird ticket (until Nov 10th). I'll see you there!?

No comments: