Tuesday 5 November 2013

Barbara Barry for Baker & Kallista


Last night I was privileged to be invited to the VIP event to celebrate the Barbara Barry collections for Baker and Kallista. Barbara's visit to Hong Kong has been long awaited. Looooong awaited, I tell you. So I schlepped my copy of her book into Central on a rainy night, and I was not disappointed. I am not at all embarrassed to admit I behaved like a star struck groupie when my turn to speak to her came. What a lovely, gracious and elegant woman she is. We had a brief chat, talked about Australia (that leg of her upcoming tour was cancelled, unfortunately), and she complimented me on my necklace (okay, I might have died and gone to heaven at that moment), and then I complimented her on her book....and I may have gushed a bit. Just a little bit...

All in all it was a fun night, I  managed to catch up some people I hadn't seen in a while, and of course thoroughly enjoyed hearing Barbara speak about her inspirations. Very inspiring indeed. What a way to start the week!

No comments: