Thursday 6 October 2011

Exotic Taste



"Exotic Taste: Orientalist Interiors" by Emmanuelle Gaillard with photography by Marc Walter is a must for the library of anyone interested in orientalism, chinoiserie, and all things exotic. This subject matter is a little close to my heart having lived in Asia for almost 9 years, and my recent trip to India that still occupies my thoughts. Starting with the arts of China and Japan, moving to the magnificence of India and then on to the splendour of the Near East, "Exotic Taste" beautifully illustrates the arts of each region. Over 200 colour photographs and illustrations of exuberant interiors, elaborately patterned fabrics and wallpapers, intricate decorative objects, and incredible costumes. I think this book will prove to be inspiring time and time again.





























In the interests of full disclosure I was sent a complimentary copy of this book by the publisher, Vendome Press. And while I'm thrilled to bits to be sent books for review, in all seriousness this is one I would definitely go out and buy.

1 comment:

Luxury interior designer said...

I must say a real exotic taste. Beautiful interiors, really traditional. Every place has its own artistic styles. Very Nice work!!!