Sunday 21 August 2011

Books worth waiting for

It seems like this is the time of year for publishers to come out with new releases, as there are a few more that I'm waiting for not so patiently. Here are a couple I have pre-ordered, and one I'm still pondering...



I have long admired the work of NY based David Kleinberg...his style is modern and classic and utterly timeless. A previous employee of the venerable firm Parish-Hadley Associates he has been running his own company since 1997. Kleinberg is responsible for some of my all-time favorite rooms and I can't wait to see what is in his first book, "Traditional Now". I just hope it doesn't disappoint - or worse that its full of images already on his website.


Another of my favorite designers is Peter Marino, a man of almost unmatched style. No great surprise then that he and his firm are behind the design for many of the high-end retail stores around the world, including those for Luis Vuitton. If its what I'm hoping it will be, this new book "Louis Vuitton, Architecture & Interiors" should prove to be a long term source of inspiration.



I've blogged about Maria Pergay before, and I already own a book on her work, the previous edition by Suzanne Demisch and Stephane Danant. As I'm not sure how much more this volume will contain I'm still pondering. But I suggest if you're a fan of Pergay (and if you're not, you should be!) and you are interested in her work then this new volume "Maria Pergay: Complete works 1979 - 2010" would be the book to buy.

3 comments:

Renée Finberg said...

thanks

these will be great reads.

have a nice sunday

Blue said...

David Kleinberg is one of my abiding favourites and I too hope the book which I am looking forward to is not just photographs from his website.

The Devoted Classicist said...

I am also anxiously awaiting the new books this fall, particularly the Kleinberg and Vuitton books.