Tuesday 23 September 2008

I have a new design crush...

Okay, so I know I've had a few of these lately, but I think this guy is definitely one to watch - even though he's already in the Architectural Digest top 100 list. Pierre Yovanovitch a former couture designer for Pierre Cardin, is now designing interiors. Yovanovitch's own apartment in Paris, seen below, was what kick started his career change, and I can definitely see why.

Several views of the stunning entrance - it's so crisp and refreshing, and just a hint at what else is to come.

A few different angles of the living room - I love the mix he has going on here. It's quite masculine in a sense, but I think I'd feel quite comfortable in this space. Rather than filling the apartment with French treasures he has instead mixed pieces by important American designers such as Edward Wormely, Frank Lloyd-Wright and James Mont with early 20th century Scandinavian pieces, which I think has given it a great feeling of warmth.

I'm so in love with the panelling on these dining room walls!

Two different study areas - the floors in the image above are stunning!!

Photos from Architectural Digest Feb 2008 by Marina Faust (more images can be found on the website), and Home Journal May 2008 by JF Jassaud.

16 comments:

columnist said...

I can see why you're such a fan; me too, now. Masculine, but very crisp and vibrant. And very different.

Anonymous said...

Wow! His work is amazing!

HOBAC said...

Gorgeous, but what is he wearing on his feet? Yes, I am that shallow.

Tina { Luphia Loves... } said...

his apartment is gorgeous and huge too! love his use of square sofas & tables.

Suzy said...

Ha! HOBAC, I guess that makes me shallow too...I thought the days of runners and jeans were gone with the memories of the Seinfeld sitcom!

cotedetexas said...

Totally fabu! that dining room.

I loathe running shoes too! haha

Maryam in Marrakesh said...

That entrance and front door.........! Speechless!!

Viera said...

I think he is cool... and interiors are gorgeous

The Peak of Chic said...

The door at top is amazing... so is the dining room... and the study floor. It's all great!

Visual Vamp said...

Absoulutely crush-worthy, him and the apartment!
xo xo

Paul Pincus said...

he's gorgeous and the dining room is AMAZING!!!

Suzy said...

Seems like the Dining Room is the winner here folks!

An Aesthete's Lament said...

So utterly chic. But you need to fix the link to his website: It's http://www.pierreyovanovitch.com

Suzy said...

Oops! Thanks Aesthete!

Easy and Elegant Life said...

The paneling and the floors are stunning. Envy inducing, even.

I imagine that he doesn't spend a lot of time looking at the floors, though, or he'd realize that he is wearing running shoes while dressed for an entirely unrelated activity.

Alkemie said...

The first photo with the huge metal doors are amazing! I also totally love the purple dining chairs :) What can I say? I love purple.

Karen