Friday 25 April 2008

Friday afternoon inspiration

I discovered the portfolio of Annabelle Selldorf of Selldorf Architects today, and have been drooling over these images ever since. Selldorf's interiors are modern, warm, a little eclectic, but most importantly, they look liveable! She mixes great furniture, and doesn't shy away from using colour. It also helps that she has great spaces to work with - some of these apartments are amazing. These are a few of my favorites, but I recommend you take a look at her website as there is much much more to see. I hope you enjoy them as much as I did!


(I think the one above my be my favorite)




Her bathrooms and kitchens are equally as inviting as her living spaces...

LOVE this kitchen...


Enjoy your weekend everyone!

8 comments:

columnist said...

I agree, but don't you have an inbuilt andavantage in design when you have such high-ceilinged (such a word?) spaces. Everything looks so much better.

Anonymous said...

Hi Suzy! I'm not a huge fan of overly modernist architecture but the room in that first photo is incredible. I'm envious of those high ceilings and I like how the windows are paned...a detail I would normally equate with a more traditional home but it looks great here in such a modern space. I would kill for that view too! Also love the staircase!

beth said...

Love the white kitchen, especially the simplicity of the white stools :)

Suzy said...

Columnist - I couldn't agree more!

So Haute - some of her spaces are very modern, but I have fallen in love with those window panes too - and the views!

Beth - me too, its just such a great space.

Unknown said...

modern and classic- we like!

yes, the windows in #2 do it for me too- i'd love to have foor to ceiling paned windows. sigh...

Anonymous said...

the kitchens and baths are amazing. I'm not a fan of some of their furnishings...but the high ceilings seem to make up for that in some spaces. lovely mix!

M said...

That kitchen is stunning!

Alkemie said...

What a feast for the eyes!! Wow! And that fuscia sofa! so bold.