Wednesday 3 February 2010

Belgian Style

I was quite excited to see these images of the home of Belgian designer Vincent Van Duysen as I think they show a softer and more elegant side to his minimal style. A little reminiscent of Andrée Putman's aesthetic if you ask me. The stairwell is amazing, and I love the bathtub that you get just a glimpse of through the bedroom. Divine!


I was also quite excited to see that someone is publishing a monograph of his work - "Vincent Van Duysen: Complete Works" is due to be released in May this year. With a foreword by Ilse Crawford, this looks like an instant classic. I already have a copy on pre-order!




Photos of Van Duysen's apartment by Martyn Thompson for French Architectural Digest Feb-Mar 2010.

2 comments:

Willow Decor said...

I love the minimalist style. It is so calming. The tub in the Master bath is stunning!!
Great post!
xx-Gina

Karena said...

Oh, so beautiful!! These image evoke such comfort and luxury!
Karena