Monday 20 August 2007

Going down to LONA-some town...

I recently discovered the Toronto-based furniture company, Lona Design, which was founded by Interior Designer Katherine Newman. Their furniture designs are modern and traditional, and somewhere in between which is why I like them so much. Here are a few of my favorite pieces...




Carre Settee - This is absolutely my favorite. Its covered with shagreen and bone inlay. I love the lines of this piece, so Jean-Michel Frank. I want one for me!



Mara Bookstand - This is a very handsome bookshelf/etagere, I think this would look fabulous in a traditional or a modern home.

Sojourn Chest - this feels very Tommy Parzinger to me. Great lines, and I love the contrast between the dark wood legs and the white lacquered chest.



Anabasis Desk - I love the simple lines of this, and the rich colour of the wood. This could be used as a console or in a living room, not necessarily just the study.

Lumiere Console - this glass and bronze credenza is so pretty. I would love to use this in a bathroom actually!




Prezio Desk - I love this too...It is very elegant but not too feminine. Could still be used as a dressing table, or a desk. Love the macassar ebony and bronze sabots.



Gracie Dining Table - I love the simplicity of this and I think it would work in pretty much any type of interior.

Rondo Ottoman - Love this too. I have a bit of a soft spot for round ottomans, not sure why. The wood base and legs give this a sturdy look and would make for great extra seating for cocktail parties!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you have profiled the work of this Canadian Designer.

TIG said...

Very cool that you found this store in Toronto from Hong Kong. Great choices, especially the Sojourn Chest!

Suzy said...

Patricia - I'm glad I discovered her work, she's very talented. Other than your profile, I must admit I have not seen much other work from Canada.

Suzy said...

RNVL - I think one of the pieces wa actually featured in Elle Decor recently. I keep in touch with the rest of the world via magazines, and the internet. What would we do without that!

Things That Inspire said...

I love it when someone profiles a furniture line that is new to me...too bad this line is not represented in Atlanta (yet...). Great post!

Suzy said...

Hi Sarah, me too - which is why I thought I should share. Too bad they're not in Atlanta yet - you'll have to find an excuse to visit them in another city!