Friday 20 July 2007

Steven Sclaroff

This apartment was also posted earlier this month (on Peak of Chic), but I wanted to post it again because I think it's beautiful and deserves the attention! This is another masterpiece by decorator/antiquarian Steven Sclaroff.

Let me just say, I think the man is a genius with colour, and has a knack for creating rooms that look comfortable and lived in. Don't get me wrong, I am a fan of minimalism (sometimes), but if it's not done right the place just ends up looking like a hotel room to me. I think its really important for a home to have pieces that have a personal history and for a home to be imbued with the life and memories of the occupants.


The living room is an amazing mixture of fabrics, colours and art.


The dining room is a symphony of pattern and colour.

I love the colours in the main bedroom.


I love this sitting room. The colours are so relaxing and a bit moody, but I love the arrangement of art on the walls.

7 comments:

momma j lee ♥ said...

hi there!
i came across your blog through desire to inspire and i really enjoyed going through your posts!

you have a great blog here.
the last image you have posted, i agree, the wall art is great. i especially love it when designers mix up frames, sizes and style on the wall to create an eclectic mix but still keeping it cohesive.

Jenn~

Suzy said...

Thanks for the comments Jenn! Glad you enjoyed it. There are some fabulous blogs out there.

The Peak of Chic said...

Suzy- Very well said. Sclaroff definitely has a "look", and it is one that is rooted in tradition but eclectic too. And definitely livable.

ALL THE BEST said...

I so agree! Steven Sclaroff’s work is brilliant!

Unknown said...

Excellent post...I still love his dreamy gray bookshelf. I want to sit down in that room and read.
Thanks

Suzy said...

Patricia - its'beautiful isn't it, and it works so well in this room.

Anonymous said...

I KNOW HIS NIECE!